If you're concerned about the number of assignments for which SubAssistant is sending you notifications or if you notice other subs are seeing jobs you're not, please keep in mind:
- Your district can use Absence Management to sort subs using myriad of qualifiers, including certifications, specialties, preference lists, skills lists, and more. Because of this, not all subs are offered the same assignments in Absence Management, or even see them at the same time.
- Even if you are a preferred sub for a school/district, you may be excluded by specific employees which would prevent jobs from those teachers from being offered to you.
Your placement on a priority list can cause you to not see a particular assignment, or see it hours or days after other subs.
- Entering "Non Work Days" will prevent you from seeing assignments for that day
- Absence Management will not offer jobs to you for days on which you are already scheduled to work
- Check your SubAssistant account's Quiet Hours to ensure your ranges are set correctly. SubAssistant Quiet Hours ranges you set are periods of time during which you do not want notifications.
- You will only receive notifications for assignments at schools from which you've selected to receive assignments according to your Absence Management account preferences. To review this list, log in to your Absence Management account, click Preferences, then click Schools.
- Due to the Affordable Care Act (USA), many school districts are limiting their subs to 30 hours of work per week. These schools districts will set Absence Management to not offer jobs to subs who are already scheduled for 30 hours of work for the week.
- It is possible to receive a call regarding a job for which you do not receive a notification from SubAssistant. Not all jobs that are called out become listed online.
- If you rarely accept jobs by phone, your account will be put into "Reduced Calling Mode" by Absence Management which will reduce the number of calls you receive.
- There are fewer absences, and therefore fewer sub jobs, around school vacations, breaks, and periods when state testing is occurring.
Please take a moment to review your Aesop account settings such as non-work days and school selections to ensure everything is set as you expect. If you have one, register your Absence Management multi-district user ID and PIN with SubAssistant. This will ensure SubAssistant will check for jobs on all your districts.